Site Director Needed
Please accept our humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.
We are happy to let you know that since our web site ISKCONOnline.com was launched over 8,000 people like you have visited our site, more than 200 devotees completed our online participation form and over 450 subscribed to our newsletter.
Thus we have had a good start towards our primary purpose of “creating an association of interested devotees who will improve the quality, relevance and relatability of ISKCON’s presence on the internet.”
Now, we want to take this effort to the next level by engaging a qualified devotee as the ISKCONOnline.com Site Director. That’s why we are writing to everyone who responded to let you know about this opportunity.
If you are one of those who expressed interest in this kind of service or if you simply want to stay informed, please take a moment to read the service description below.
If you are personally interested in exploring the possibility of taking on this service, please write to Pancharatna Dasa with a short message about how you would approach the service, including any particulars about your personal needs related to this service. Please also include your phone and Skype ID and details on the best time to reach you so we can arrange a follow-up conversation.
And, if this service is not for you, please pass this email on to anyone you think might be interested.
This is the first service description we have developed as we begin to build our teams and projects. We are working on several more that are connected to our first major outreach project. We anticipate opportunities for content developers, web developers, graphic artists, programming, and more. So, if the Site Director service is not something you would like to consider, there will be many more opportunities.
Please write with any questions or suggestions. We look forward to hearing from you and we hope you are pleased with our efforts to serve the devotional community in becoming more relatable and relevant on the internet.
Thank you for your attention. We beg to remain,
Gopal Bhatta das and Pancharatna dasa
This position entails a number of responsibilities/roles. The Site Director will be assisted by additional staff and/or volunteers to help fulfill these responsibilities.
- Plan and execute the daily flow of content. This includes developing and managing processes and schedules for editing, prioritizing and posting content.
- Categorize and organize content including archiving
- Identify and work with other content creators (blogs, articles, etc.) and developers (video, infographics, etc.)
- Scour sources on the Web for the articles, news, developments, and resources that our audience will find interesting.
- Employ tools that help streamline the task of finding and sharing good content.
- Create introductory copy, teasers and other content for articles
- Create newsletters and other email communications for our audience
- Write personal blog for our audience
- Manage the sharing of our content with third-party sites or in social media—either in full (in partnership with other compatible Web properties) or as a link or teaser (such as on social media platforms liked Facebook or Twitter or LinkedIn, or through tools like Outbrain.)
Promotion and Marketing director
- In addition to syndication, promote site through communications on Facebook, LInkedin and other channels.
- Reach out to devotee networks to encourage participation.
- Review analytics to determine how our audience is reacting.
- Monitor and respond to user comments on site and social media
- Respond to user enquiries
- physically put content onto the website, or uploads it to YouTube
- ensure that our website works, in other words: ensuring functionality, handling software and platform updates, monitoring and assessing website performance, updating content.
This position is estimated to require about 10-15 hours per week. It may be combined with similar services to create a full-time position.
We are looking for someone with:
- a good understanding of the needs, interests and concerns of our target audience
- good relational skills with connections to the broader ISKCON community
- excellent English communication skills
- excellent website research skills
- background or experience in copywriting and journalism
- experience with or ability to learn and use content curation tools
- basic familiarity with WordPress
- basic familiarity with Google analytics
This position can be filled either working from home or in our Mayapur office. If working from home, then the devotee will be required to have suitable computer equipment, fast Internet connection and phone service, which if necessary may be provided by ISKCON Online. Since we are setting up a support office in Sri Mayapur, we are especially looking for devotees who are either currently residing or willing to relocate to Sri Mayapur.
ISKCON Online has a limited start up budget funded by donations. Thus we must be mindful of expenses on devotee stipends. In this spirit we will working with the devotee engaged in this position to make arrangements to provide for their needs.
If you are interested in exploring the possibility of taking on this service, please write back Pancharatna@ISKCONOnline.com with a short message about how you would approach the service, including any particulars about your personal needs related to this service. Please also include your phone and Skype ID and details on the best time to reach you so we can arrange a follow-up conversation.